Costa Georgiadis to lay the groundwork for biosecurity conversation
26 Feb 2019
Animal Health Australia (AHA), the Invasive Species Council (ISC) and the Centre for Invasive Species Solutions (CISS) are excited to announce that long-time host of ABC’s Gardening Australia, Costa Georgiadis, will be the official MC of the inaugural 2019 Australian Biosecurity Symposium.
Bringing with him a wealth of knowledge, charisma and passion for plants, people and food security, Costa is looking forward to joining the delegates at the Symposium, which is the first to bring together all of the different sectors working on biosecurity in Australia.
“Biosecurity is not an ‘us and them’ mentality. We are all in this together. Be a part of it,” said Mr Georgiadis.
Andrew Cox, ISC CEO, said the Symposium is an important step in addressing the unprecedented pressure facing Australia’s biosecurity system.
“With the volume of people, mail and cargo entering Australia predicted to double in the fifteen years to 2030, we will need to do things differently. Our Symposium provides the ideal platform to explore how to transform Australia’s biosecurity systems to better protect our economy, environment and way of life,” said Mr Cox.
“We encourage anyone interested in biosecurity to come along and get involved in this important conversation.”
- The Symposium will feature Costa Georgiadis, host of ABC’s Gardening Australia, as MC.
- It will be held on 12-13 June 2019 at the Crowne Plaza, Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast.
- The overall Symposium theme is preventative biosecurity practices.
- The Symposium will bring together the biosecurity collective to focus on research and innovation, outside of the box thinking and the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
- Early bird registration is open until 5pm 29 March 2019 and a number of sponsorship, exhibition and promotional opportunities are available.
For more information about the 2019 Australian Biosecurity Symposium visit www.biosym.com.au.