NBRT Fast Five with Narelle Elliot
09 Mar 2021
Welcome back to another Fast Five interview with one of our National Biosecurity Response Team (NBRT) members! This month, we caught up with Narelle Elliott, Manager (Executive Support) & Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer at Biosecurity Queensland. Narelle has been a part of the NBRT for the past 3.5 years and is a part of the logistics function.
• What’s your experience been like as a member of the NBRT?
My experiences have been varied and thoroughly enjoyable. From participating in exercises, training and actual responses it has all been very rewarding – these activities get the adrenalin going and meeting and working with other members is always appreciated.
• If you had to use one word to describe the NBRT, what would it be?
• What’s something you’ve learnt as a result of being a member of the NBRT? That although we may do things differently in each jurisdiction, we continue to share ideas and experiences. We all have the same goal in mind – exceptional biosecurity outcomes for Australia.
• What is a key highlight you’ve had as a member of the NBRT?
Being able to assist other jurisdictions with their responses and have others come to Qld – e.g. helping out in Tasmania with Fruit Fly and NT with Citrus Canker and having staff come from interstate in 2017 to assist with the white-spot disease response in Qld.
• Now for a fun question – what is your go-to song to get amped up?
No ‘go-to’ song but I’m very happy listening to a wide variety of music particularly Pink, Bon Jovi & Elton John.
Find out more about the NBRT here.