Animal Health Australia (AHA) works with the horse, equestrian and harness racing industries to develop and implement national programs to safeguard the health of Australia’s horse population.
Horse owners play an important role in protecting their property and the wider horse industry from biosecurity threats.
See our Farm Biosecurity website for horse biosecurity information and additional resources.
The recommended biosecurity practices for horse owners are contained in the Horse Venue Biosecurity Workbook.
The single biggest threat to horse owners is an outbreak of an emergency animal disease. For this reason, Australia’s horse industries have worked with governments and AHA to implement a series of animal health policies at state and national levels to guard against threats to the sector’s biosecurity.
- The Australian Horse Industry Council, Equestrian Australia and Harness Racing Australia are Members of AHA and represent the industry in national programs.
- Australian Horse Industry Council
- Australian Horse Welfare Protocol
- Equine Biosecurity Risk Calculator
- Equine influenza
- Hendra virus
- Horse and donkey biosecurity
- Horse Biosecurity – The glovebox guide
- Horse biosecurity reminder card
- Racing Australia