TSEFAP National Technical Committee
Animal Health Australia (AHA) manages the TSE Freedom Assurance Program (TSEFAP), which is guided on technical issues by the program’s National Technical Committee.
Core membership of the TSEFAP National Technical Committee is:
- a representative of Animal Health Australia (Chair)
- a representative of the Australian Government Department of Agriculture
- a representative of each state and territory (NSW, NT, Qld, SA, Tas., Vic. and WA)
- A representative of Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL).
Individual industry and technical representatives are invited to participate in particular meetings, dependent on the matters being addressed.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference for the TSEFAP National Technical Committee are to:
- ensure the continuation of appropriate activities to maintain Australia’s freedom from TSEs.
- consider and recommend to the TSEFAP National Advisory Committee:
- changes desirable in objectives, plans, policy options or procedures
- technical, administrative, financial and other relevant matters
- research needs and priorities
- other matters relevant to the TSEFAP.
- review Australia’s preparedness for the management of a TSE, should it occur, including the revision of relevant AUSVETPLAN manuals.
- develop annual operations plans for the operational components of the TSEFAP.
- ensure that operational components of the TSEFAP are implemented efficiently.
- establish, as necessary, working groups to report to the National Technical Committee on specific elements of the TSEFAP or particular issues requiring investigation.
The committee reviews these terms of reference annually.
Responsibilities of the Chair
AHA’s responsibilities as Chair of the committee are to:
- determine when the committee meets
- prepare the agenda, minutes and any other reports
- pay costs of member attendance from the Corporate Activities budget.
AHA will provide all committee members with copies of agendas and papers in advance of any meeting and with minutes after the meetings.