Livestock and Johne’s Disease Resources
Animal Health Australia (AHA) coordinates the National Johne’s Disease Project to control and manage the spread of Johne’s disease (JD).
Images, videos and webinars
The National Johne’s Disease Project, funded by the cattle, sheep, goat and alpaca industries, has agreed to a series of informative webinars on Johne’s Disease to be produced by AHA.
Webinar 1: Effects on production and economic implications of OJD + Regional biosecurity groups and cross-species Johne’s infection (Apr 2015)
Webinar 2: JD Diagnosis Webinar
This webinar, presented by University of Sydney researchers, discusses JD diagnosis, sheep breed susceptibility to OJD, and herd screening techniques for JD (Nov 2015).
Webinar 3: Field Efficacy of Silirum® Vaccine in Two Australian Dairy Herds + Use of Silirum® Vaccine to manage Bovine Johne’s Disease (BJD) (Apr 2016)
Webinar 4: Risk Assessment for Vets + Using the National Sheep Health Statement (SHS) for biosecurity risk assessment (May 2016)
Webinar 5: Update for CattleMAP participants
Reports and newsletters
Stock Health Monitor
This has replaced our previous publication, JD News. Click here for more information and to access previous editions.
JD News – archive
Click here to access the JD News archive.
OJD abattoir monitoring reports
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Jan – Mar 2016 (xls 10kB)
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Oct-Dec-2015 (xls 10kB)
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Jul-Sep-2015 (xls – 10kB)
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Apr-Jun 2015 (xls – 10kB)
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Apr-June 2016 (xls – 13kb)
- OJD Quarterly Surveillance Report Jul-Sep 2016 (xls – 13kb)
- OJD-Quarterly-Surveillance-Report-Oct-Dec-2016 (xls – 13kb)