Animal Health Australia (AHA) manages Australia’s Johne’s Disease Market Assurance Program for Alpaca (AlpacaMAP) to help producers identify and promote their low risk of Johne’s disease infection.
Members of the Australian Alpaca Association, Australian Camelid Veterinary Association, Animal Health Committee and the National Johne’s Disease Coordinator developed AlpacaMAP with advice from the Australian, state and territory governments.
AHA released version 1 of the AlpacaMAP manual in 2001 and version 2 in 2005.
In 2010, a pooled faecal culture test for alpaca was approved and added to the AlpacaMAP manual as Appendix 13. Appendix 13 will be incorporated when the manual is next revised.
- Download AlpacaMAP manual, version 2, 2005 (PDF 2.9MB)
- Download Appendix 13 of the AlpacaMAP manual (pdf - 121 KB)
- Complete a MAP manual order form (pdf - 127 KB) to order a printed copy of AlpacaMAP manual and other MAP manuals.
Declarations and audit documents
Access the Farm Biosecurity toolkit for the Alpaca Herd Declaration for Show and Sales, which was revised in 2006.
Download the AlpacaMAP audit checklist (xls - 102 KB) to prepare the AlpacaMAP internal and external reviews.
Q Alpaca is a voluntary alpaca quality assurance program maintained by the Australian Alpaca Association. Alpaca growers who participate in Q Alpaca work with MAP-approved veterinarians.
Read the Q Alpaca biosecurity program guidelines for veterinarians (pdf - 216 KB) for more information about the program.
- Market assurance programs (MAPs)
- MAP state contacts
- Australian Alpaca Association
- Australian Alpaca Veterinarians