Animal Health Australia (AHA) manages the Australian Johne’s Disease Market Assurance Program for Goats (GoatMAP) to help producers identify and promote their low risk of Johne’s disease infection.
The GoatMAP is an essential component of the Johne’s disease control and eradication programs which operate in some states. The role of the MAP in these programs is to:
- provide a source of low risk replacement goats for those herds who want to avoid introducing infection
- facilitate the movement of low risk goats between zones
- allow herds to demonstrate their status in a transparent way so that they can sell breeding or herd replacement goats with confidence
- reduce the risk of Johne’s disease being spread at events such as shows and sales.
The current version of the GoatMAP manual, released in 2009, contains updates about the use of the pooled faecal culture test and vaccination in goat flocks.
- Download the GoatMAP manual (pdf - 3 MB)
- Complete a MAP manual order form (pdf - 127 KB) to order a printed copy of GoatMAP manual and other MAP manuals.
The GoatMAP manual is reviewed regularly and amended from time to time. Be sure to access the current version of the GoatMAP manual and forms from this website.
Download GoatMAP forms below:
- 01.01.09C – Agreement between herd owner and Approved Veterinarian (doc - 161 KB)
- 01.02.09R – Property and herd risk assessment (doc - 154 KB)
- 01.03.09R – Boundary inspection record (doc - 314 KB)
- 02.04.09R – Introduced animals (doc - 310 KB)
- 02.05.09R – Record of testing – introduced animals (doc - 219 KB)
- 02.06.09R – Straying animals (doc - 281 KB)
- 03.07.09R – Livestock movement record (doc - 223 KB)
- 03.08.09R – Livestock movement record – status not maintained (doc - 269 KB)
- 04.09a.09R – Livestock identification record (doc - 115 KB)
- 05.10.09R – Herd management plan (doc - 176 KB)
- 05.12.09R – Record of neighbouring properties (doc - 274 KB)
- 06.13.09R – Selection of goats to be tested (xls - 30 KB)
- 06.14.09R – Goats selected for testing (doc - 370 KB)
- 06.15.09R – Test results form (doc - 167 KB)
- 06.16.09R – Investigation of test results (doc - 135 KB)
- 07.17.09C – Notification of status (doc - 101 KB)
- 07.18.09C – Document control register (doc - 282 KB)
- 07.19.09C – Review and audit checklist (xls - 100 KB)
- 07.20.09C – Corrective action and improvement report (doc - 110 KB)
- GoatMAP manual (pdf - 3 MB)
- Market assurance programs (MAPs)
- State MAP contacts
- Visit the Farm Biosecurity toolkit for show health declaration forms or show, sale and exhibition forms.