Australian Animal Pathology Standards Program (AAPSP)
The Australian Animal Pathology Standards Program (AAPSP), a joint initiative of the Australian Society for Veterinary Pathology, the Sub Committee on Animal Health Laboratory Standards and Animal Health Australia, aims to improve the diagnostic capability of the National Animal Health System by supporting the development and delivery of;
- Pathology proficiency testing
- Online reference materials and modules for continuing professional development
- Online second opinion service
- An annual series of technical workshops for pathologists to be delivered in each state/territory
In addition, the AAPSP will:
- Digitise images from the national animal pathology registry, and
- Renovate slides from selected cases in the national animal pathology registry
Contributing government, university and private laboratories pay an annual subscription of $4,278 to $8,555 (GST exclusive) for their employees (pathologists), and individual members $1000 (GST exclusive), to access all services provided by the AAPSP.
If you would like any further information or to subscribe to the Australian Animal Pathology Standards Program contact Animal Health Australia.
Animal Health Australia manages the AAPSP, chairs the Management Committee and provides access for financial AAPSP members to the on-line services.
AAPSP Members’ Extranet
Registered members of the AAPSP can click here to enter the Member’s Extranet.
The extranet contains a large number of reference and training tools for veterinary pathologists. Key areas include continuing professional development training cases, the pathology register slide of the month scheme, a second opinion service and a range of documents and other information resources.
If you would like to access the extranet please refer to the above brochure or contact Animal Health Australia for registration details.