Animal Health Australia works with its Members to maintain and improve Australia’s favourable animal health status, to ensure the viability of Australia’s livestock and aquatic industries.
AHA’s success depends largely on its ability to harness appropriate human resource skills and apply them to developing, implementing and managing the achievement of the agreed outcomes. The management team combines skills in business, financial and program management, policy development, planning, negotiation, accounting, communications, information technology and administration.
If you would like more information about any of the programs or projects managed by AHA, please contact one of the staff members listed below by email or by phoning (02) 6232 5522 or +61 2 6232 5522 outside Australia.
To contact a relevant member of AHA staff, email addresses are in the format of the first name initial followed by last name @animalhealthaustralia.com.au
Kathleen is an experienced and successful leader in policy and strategy development and implementation. Before becoming CEO at AHA, Kathleen was the General Manager of Policy at Australian Pork Limited, Acting CEO and Policy Director at Pork Council Australia, and Policy Director at Wool Council of Australia. She began her career at the Reserve Bank of Australia and later worked in business management consulting and training in the financial sector.
Kathleen holds a Bachelor of Economics (hons) and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. She is passionate about making a difference to the prosperity of farmers and the rural and regional communities that rely on them. She also believes in the power of education, and the economic empowerment and support of those in our society who are less fortunate.
Peter has previously worked for the Australian government, where he managed key initiatives related to national emergency animal disease preparedness and response, veterinary public health, risk analysis, biotechnology, antimicrobial resistance and international standards for chemical residues in foods and zoonotic diseases. He provided policy and scientific advice during the Australian responses to the 2007 equine influenza, the 2009 pandemic (H1N1) influenza outbreak and Hendra virus incidents from 2005-2010.
Peter is a veterinarian, with post-graduate qualifications in veterinary pharmacology and agriculture. He is currently a Director of Eastern Animal Health Professionals, which provides scientific advice to government agencies, private sector companies and livestock producers. Peter also manages a 212 hectare Dorper and White Dorper sheep stud.
Tony has extensive senior executive expertise in financial and general management, gained in federal and state government agencies, the not-for-profit sector and publicly listed companies. Tony has held several positions as CFO, Head of Corporate and CEO in other organisations and served on school and research grants Boards. He is a past President of CPA’s ACT Divisional Council and continues as a Divisional and National Representative Councillor.
Tony holds postgraduate qualifications in accounting, applied finance and management. He is a Fellow of CPA Australia and the Financial Services Institute of Australia as well as a Chartered Tax Advisor. He has also recently completed a Global Executive MBA with Sydney University for which he was awarded a scholarship.
Duncan has over 20 years of experience working in biosecurity, initially in the feedlot and backgrounding sectors dealing with operational animal health and production issues. Duncan has experience dealing with exotic disease responses and mass livestock mortalities and has facilitated reviews into livestock traceability systems and endemic disease management/surveillance projects.
Duncan has a Bachelor of Applied Science (Agriculture), a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration and a Masters of Veterinary Public Health Management. He is also a subject facilitator for the Animal Health Policy Development subject which is part of the Masters in Veterinary Public Health Management course at the University of Sydney.
- Ms Liz Anderson – Executive Assistant
- Ms Alannah Andreini – Communications Officer
- Ms Danika Barnard – Communications Officer
- Dr Rob Barwell – Manager Biosecurity
- Ms Bryanna Beattie – Biosecurity Project Officer
- Ms Courtenay Bombara – Graduate Biosecurity Officer
- Mr Ryan Diessel – Communications Coordinator
- Ms Emily Galbraith – Events and Administration Officer
- Dr Francette Geraghty-Dusan – Veterinary Officer AUSVETPLAN
- Dr Kathy Gibson – Senior Manager Special Projects
- Mr Daniel Hadiwibawa – Graphic Designer
- Dr Ian Langstaff – Senior Manager Surveillance
- Mr Harley McNamara – Communications and ICT Coordinator
- Ms Anna Mukojima – Office Coordinator and Executive Support
- Ms Jude Netteingham – Manager Training Services
- Dr Claire Petterson – Training Coordinator
- Ms Kristy Piper – Project Officer
- Dr Brendan Pollard – Senior Manager Emergency Preparedness
- Ms Jackie Poyser – Senior Manager Communications and Partnerships
- Ms Yasmin Rahman – Accounts and Administration Support Officer
- Ms Emily Sears – Surveillance Project Officer
- Ms Bonnie Skinner – Surveillance Project Officer
- Mr Ashley Turner – Financial Controller
- Ms Kelly Wall – Manager Welfare
- Mr Andrew Wasswa – Accountant
- Dr Belinda Wright – Senior Manager Emergency Response
If you are interested in joining our team at AHA, look for current vacancies on our Careers page.