Animal Health Australia works with its members to maintain and improve Australia’s favourable animal health status, to ensure the viability of Australia’s livestock and aquatic industries.
AHA’s success depends largely on its ability to harness appropriate human resource skills and apply them to developing, implementing and managing the achievement of the agreed outcomes. The management team combines skills in business, financial and program management, policy development, planning, negotiation, accounting, communications, information technology and administration.
If you would like more information about any of the programs or projects managed by AHA, please contact one of the staff members listed below by email or by phoning (02) 6232 5522 or +61 2 6232 5522 outside Australia.
To contact a relevant member of AHA staff, email addresses are in the format of the first name initial followed by last name @animalhealthaustralia.com.au
Kathleen is an experienced and successful leader in policy and strategy development and implementation. Before becoming CEO at AHA, Kathleen was the General Manager of Policy at Australian Pork Limited, Acting CEO and Policy Director at Pork Council Australia, and Policy Director at Wool Council of Australia. She began her career at the Reserve Bank of Australia and later worked in business management consulting and training in the financial sector.
Kathleen holds a Bachelor of Economics (hons) and is a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. She is passionate about making a difference to the prosperity of farmers and the rural and regional communities that rely on them. She also believes in the power of education, and the economic empowerment and support of those in our society who are less fortunate.
Tony has extensive senior executive expertise in financial and general management, gained in federal and state government agencies, the not-for-profit sector and publicly listed companies. Tony has held several positions as CFO, Head of Corporate and CEO in other organisations and served on school and research grants Boards. He is a past President of CPA’s ACT Divisional Council and continues as a Divisional and National Representative Councillor.
Tony holds postgraduate qualifications in accounting, applied finance and management. He is a Fellow of CPA Australia and the Financial Services Institute of Australia as well as a Chartered Tax Advisor. He has also recently completed a Global Executive MBA with Sydney University for which he was awarded a scholarship.
Ms Jackie Poyser – Executive Manager, Communications and Training Services
Jackie commenced with AHA in 2015 after a long career working as a communications and membership expert in the private health sector, with a strong focus on rural health issues. Jackie also has many years’ experience in event management and the delivery of training programs. Jackie is part of a dynamic team who is responsible for driving AHA’s communication and engagement strategies.
Jackie holds tertiary qualifications in Communications (Major in Advertising, Marketing and PR) and is a recent graduate of the Executive Ready Program run through the Australian School of Applied Management.
Jackie is also an Executive Committee Member of the National Rural Press Club – a cohort of agriculture communications specialists who are looking to highlight issues affecting rural and regional Australia.
Dr Samantha Allan – Executive Manager, Emergency Preparedness and Response Services
Samantha is the Executive Manager of Emergency Preparedness & Response Services at Animal Health Australia. Samantha is a senior veterinarian and leader with extensive experience in managing complex biosecurity programs, and leading animal disease emergency preparedness and response activities. She has worked in government veterinary roles as well as rural clinical practice in New South Wales, and South Yorkshire, England.
Samantha has expertise in strategic thinking, policy development, stakeholder engagement and problem solving; underpinned by her strong clinical and technical background in veterinary science. She strives to model great leadership and inspire teams to achieve beyond expectation.
Dr Simon Humphrys – Executive Manager, Biosecurity and Product Integrity Services
Simon is an experienced senior manager who has focussed on applying and commercialising research and development (R&D) outputs for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, animal health, agricultural chemical and veterinary medicines industries. Before taking on the Executive Manager role at AHA, Simon was a Program Leader at the Invasive Animals Cooperative Research Centre where he effectively engaged government agencies, industry, and other stakeholders to successfully manage a portfolio of projects aimed at reducing the impact pest species have on animal health and biosecurity. He grew up on and is still engaged with the family farm on the northern Adelaide plains, and is also active in Australia’s equine industries.
Simon holds a Bachelor of Agricultural Science (hons), a PhD in Medicine, and was awarded a prestigious Professional Fulbright Scholarship in 2017. He’s passionate about making R&D deliver tangible and beneficial outcomes for livestock producers and their broader industry advocates, as well as enhancing market access through improved animal health systems.
- Ms Liz Anderson – Executive Coordinator
- Ms Alannah Andreini – Communications Officer
- Ms Danika Barnard – Communications Coordinator
- Dr Rob Barwell – Senior Manager Biosecurity
- Ms Bryanna Beattie – Biosecurity Coordinator
- Ms Sarah Burns – Facilities Coordinator and Executive Support
- Mr Ben Byrne – Training Project Manager
- Mr Ryan Diessel – Communications Coordinator
- Ms Emily Galbraith – Events and Administration Coordinator
- Dr Francette Geraghty-Dusan – Veterinary Manager
- Dr Kathy Gibson – Senior Manager Special Projects
- Mr Daniel Hadiwibawa – Senior Graphic Designer
- Ms Madison Hickey – Graduate Biosecurity Officer
- Mr Yuta Himura – Graduate Officer Emergency Preparedness
- Ms Helen Jenkins – Aquatic Biosecurity Liaison Officer
- Dr Ian Langstaff – Senior Manager Surveillance
- Mr Tom McCue – Senior Manager Business Development
- Ms Rachael O’Brien – Biosecurity and Extension Manager, QLD
- Ms Sarika Pandya – Graduate Officer Emergency Preparedness
- Dr Claire Petterson – Manager Training Services
- Ms Kristy Piper – Project Coordinator Training Services
- Dr Brendan Pollard – Senior Manager Emergency Preparedness
- Ms Yasmin Rahman – Payroll and Accounts Officer
- Ms Jessica Rummery – Biosecurity and Extension Manager, Northern Australia
- Ms Emily Sears – Surveillance Coordinator
- Mr Ashley Turner – Financial Controller
- Ms Kelly Wall – Manager Welfare
- Mr Andrew Wasswa – Finance Officer
- Ms Ashleigh Wildridge – Animal Biosecurity RD&E Coordinator
- Ms Hayley Wilson – Training Coordinator
- Dr Belinda Wright – Senior Manager Emergency Response
Organisation ChartOrganisation chart (pdf - 98 KB)
If you are interested in joining our team at AHA, look for current vacancies on our Careers page.